The development team have taken huge conceptual leaps with BackTrack 4, and have some new and exciting features. The most significant of these changes, Backtrack is now based on Debian core packages and utilizing the Ubuntu software repositories.
Some new improvements and changes:
* Kernel 22.214.171.124 with better hardware support.
* Native support for Pico e12 and e16 cards is now fully functional, making BackTrack the first pentesting distro to fully utilize these awesome tiny machines
* Support for PXE Boot - Boot BackTrack over the network with PXE supported cards
* SAINT EXPLOIT - kindly provided by SAINT corporation for our users with a limited number of free IPs.
* MALTEGO - The guys over at Paterva did outstanding work with Maltego 2.0.2 - which is featured in BackTrack as a community edition.
* The latest mac80211 wireless injection pacthes are applied, with several custom patches for rtl8187 injection speed enhancements. Wireless injection support has never been so broad and functional
* Unicornscan - Fully functional with postgress logging support and a web front end
* RFID support
* Pyrit CUDA support
* New and updated tools
The distribution features a slick GUI interface as well as various categories of security testing tools.
With the Backtrack 4 tools, you can run a whole slew of security tests against Windows (and other) systems. Start by running ping sweeps to find live hosts and then perform system enumeration to see what Windows services are available to prying eyes. You can then perform operating system vulnerability scanning and even exploit certain vulnerabilities for the ultimate in penetration testing. If you're running IIS and SQL Server, use Backtrack 4 to hone in on Web and database vulnerabilities.
There are a ton of tools for testing the security of both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. There are plenty of data analysis and forensics tools included as well. It even has several built-in services such as an HTTP server, a VNC server, a TFTP server and even the SNORT IDS -- all of which come in handy when testing for security vulnerabilities on your network.
BackTrack consists of more than 300 different tools which are logically structured according to the work flow of security professionals. This structure allows even newcomers to find the related tools to a certain task to be accomplished.
No other commercial or freely available analysis platform offers an equivalent level of usability with automatic configuration and focus on penetration testing.
BackTrack's functionality further increases with the arrangement of each tool in categories.
Backtrack 5 ada 1 DVD harga 15.000